SAE 1010 is a low-carbon steel grade with a smooth, bright surface finish that is typically used in applications where surface quality and dimensional accuracy are important. It has good machinability and weldability, and is typically used in the cold drawn or turned and polished condition. Some typical applications of SAE 1010 steel include cold heading, cold extrusion, and cutting tools. It is also used in the production of furniture, machinery parts, and consumer goods. SAE 1010 steel has a carbon content of 0.10% and a maximum manganese content of 0.48%.
Applications of SAE carbon steel bright bar:
SAE 1010 carbon steel bright bar has a variety of applications, including:
1. Cold heading: SAE 1010 steel is often used in the production of fasteners and other cold headed parts.
2. Cold extrusion: The smooth, bright surface finish and good dimensional accuracy of SAE 1010 steel make it a popular choice for cold extrusion applications.
3. Cutting tools: SAE 1010 steel is used to manufacture cutting tools, such as punches and dies.
4. Furniture: SAE 1010 steel is often used in the production of furniture and other consumer goods.
5. Machinery parts: SAE 1010 steel is commonly used in the manufacture of machinery parts and components, such as gears, sprockets, and bearings.
6. Welded components: Due to its good weldability, SAE 1010 steel is often used in the production of welded components, such as pipes and tubing.
Chemical composition of SAE 1010 – CARBON STEEL – BRIGHT BAR:
The chemical composition of SAE 1010 carbon steel bright bar is as follows (note that the exact composition may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer):
Carbon (C): 0.10% max
Manganese (Mn): 0.48% max
Phosphorus (P): 0.040% max
Sulfur (S): 0.050% max
Iron (Fe): balance